Android x86 7.1 R1 now available, brings Nougat to your PC
It has been a incredibly extended time considering the fact that we previous included Android x86, but the venture is nonetheless alive and kicking. If you’re not acquainted with it, Android x86 is a port of Android to x86-primarily based PCs and Macs, with nearly no variations to the interface (for better or for even worse). The initially steady port of Android 7.1 has just been launched, so you can get pleasure from Nougat on your Personal computer or virtual machine of choice.
There have been two earlier release candidates for Android x86 7.1, a person in June 2017, and the other in Oct. Now the venture believes 7.1 is steady ample for most persons to use on their pcs, and there have been some variations considering the fact that the previous release prospect. Here is the comprehensive changelog:
- Android-x86 installer was improved a large amount including:
- Produce EFI boot entry to efibootmgr.
- Add vehicle-installation purpose which is useful to set up Android-x86 as the only a person OS.
- Offer extra data on disk and partition assortment menu.
- Add superior possibilities to deliver extra boot possibilities.
- Conserve the previous choice in grub2 menu.
- Update kernel to the LTS kernel 4.9.80 with extra patches from AOSP.
- Add a new HAL for iio form sensors.
- Show poweroff menu by ctrl-alt-del.
- Repair a large amount of bugs.
I fired it up in VirtualBox, and at the time the VM’s mouse integration was disabled, it labored quite perfectly. The developers even incorporated Taskbar as a launcher solution, so you can easily take gain of Nougat’s multi-window abilities. The Enjoy Shop will work completely as perfectly. Sadly, you will find nonetheless not an easy way to disable the on-display navigation bar.
You can down load Android x86 for the two 32-little bit and 64-little bit PCs at the resource link below.